The results of our recent survey are now in and it's looking like the cafe & toilet choice is way ahead of the rest of the field.
We worked out the results by giving 3 points to residents' first choices, 2 to their second and 1 to their third. We also counted how many residents voted for each of the 13 options. The full results are as follows:
- Cafe & toilet - 976 points - (399 people voted for it)
- Splash park - 332 points - (186)
- Toddlers sand park - 313 points - (127)
- Dog walking enclosure - 257 points - (104)
- Pathways & seating - 242 points - (141)
- Youth facilities - 190 points - (120)
- Mini/crazy golf - 153 points - (89)
- Flood prevention & drainage - 111 points - (62)
- Lido - 90 points - (46)
- Lighting - 76 points - (58)
- Rope climbing frame - 35 points - (29)
- Water drinking fountain - 11 points - (10)
- Pétanque covered area - 9 points - (7)
We are going to invite interested residents to join us in Compass Gardens to develop the cafe & toilet idea further. Obviously, the more we want for this option the more CIL money it will use up so it may be a case of staying realistic if we are to get other items, too. Watch our Facebook posts and the FOCUS for more on this soon.